Ciao, friends! I hope you are all having a fabulous day!
My day has been going pretty well, especially since the lovely Melissa nominated me for a Liebster Award!
Here’s how it works!
What is the Liebser Award, you’re wondering?
Basically, it’s an awesome way to discover up and coming blogs! Here’s a brief explanation of the award (taken from Melissa):
1. This award is given to new or up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
2. The award is then passed along to other bloggers in the same category to help spread the word and support one another.
3. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
4. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
5. Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.
6. Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
7. No tag backs (aka, don’t nominate the person who nominated you).
I’m super excited about this! Thanks, Melissa for the nomination!
11 Random Facts About Me
1. I love the game MASH. Does anyone else reminder that childhood game? I still play it with my friends sometimes for fun. It’s so silly but entertaining.
2. I always make a wish at 11:11. It’s silly, but hey, you never know
3. I’m currently directing my first musical. And, fun fact, it’s the same musical that I had my acting debut in
4. I’m obsessed with Disney World. But seriously, I could go there every year and never get tired of it. It’s really the most magical place
5. I’ve never broken a bone before even though I have had 3 concussions (spaz problems)
6. I have a list of names for my future children, and I update it all the time. Yep, I’m that girl.
7. I can’t wait to have a family. though I should probably work on getting a boyfriend first . ..
8. I am addicted to coffee. Seriously, I have to limit myself to two cups a day.
9. I am totally Type A and organized in all aspects of my life except for my room. When I’m super stressed, my room looks like a bomb went off. I like to think that it reflects my mental state haha.
10. I am named after both of my grandmothers. My name is Maureen Elizabeth, and Maureen means little Mary in Gaelic (Mary is one grandmother) and my other grandmother is Elizabeth
11. When I was little, I told everyone I wanted to be the first female priest. Because even as a child, I was annoyed at the sexism in the Catholic church haha
1. Peanut butter or chocolate? the combination of the two is my favorite in the world!
2. Where did you get your blog title? I wanted a title that would reflect my desire to break free from my eating disorder and find my way to a happy, healthy life and Breaking Free & Finding Me just came to me!
3. Have any nick names? Yep! Mo, MoMo & Reenie
4. Who is your blog idol? Andie from Can You Stay For Dinner!
5. Are you a jewelry person? If so, do you have a special piece that you wear every day/a lot? I love accessorizing! I wear either my silver or gold claddagh ring every day!
6. Describe your perfect candle scent. My favorite scent is either a vanilla or peppermint scent!
7. What was your favorite childhood birthday present? Definitely my first nail polish set. I’ve been addicted every since!
8. Would you rather be stuck in freezing cold or extreme heat forever? Extreme heat baby!
9. What’s your favorite social media right now – Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, or something else? Facebook and Instagram!
10. Favorite holiday and why? CHRISTMAS! Duh, it’s the most wonderful time of the year (St. Patrick’s Day is a close second though!)
11. What motivates you to blog? This blog is part of my active journey towards recovery, and it helps me get better every day. I’m also motivated by the comments I’ve received from people telling me how my blog has helped them! And that, is the greatest motivation of all
11 New Questions
1. What is your ideal day of eats?
2. What is your favorite type of exercise?
3. If you met a genie and was granted 3 wishes, what would they be?
4. What is your favorite season, and why?
5. What is your favorite television show?
6. Have you ever met a celebrity?
7. What is your favorite vacation spot?
8. If you could live in any time period in history, what would it be, and why?
9. Describe your first date/
10. if you were stranded on a desert island, what 3 things would you bring with you?
11. Can you play any musical instruments?
And the nominees are…
Congrats, everyone! Can’t wait to read your posts